- The Most Trusted European Online Casinos & Bonuses
- List of 10 Most Trusted Online Casinos In Europe
- Most Trusted Online Casinos Review
- 888 Casino – Overall the Most Reputable Online Casino in Europa
- MrGreen – Many Award-Winning Respected Online Casino in Europe
- LeoVegas – The Best Mobile-Friendly Trusted European Online Casino
- 32Red Casino – Top-Rated Reputable Service Casino in Europe
- Betsafe – Top-notch Reliable Casino Experiences
- Casino Euro – Massive Collection of Trusted Casino Games
- 777 Casino – Unique Retro Vegas Casino Experience
- Nordic Bet – Big Swedish Creditable Betting Site
- Betsson – Giant Scandinavian Trusted Betting Site
- Dunder – Very High Payout Ratio Online Casino
- The UK Trusted Online Casinos
- Criteria for Finding the Most Trusted & Best European Online Casino
- European Casinos Mushrooming – Need Caution
The Most Trusted European Online Casinos & Bonuses
We have compiled a list of the Most Trusted European Online Casinos based on Legitimacy (license), Business Health, Fairness Verification, and Bonuses, namely the sites enabling you to enjoy the best possible monetary return (fairness & bonus) safely (far from scam & bankruptcy and strong data protection).
You will find the details of these criteria later (right after the review section).
List of 10 Most Trusted Online Casinos In Europe
Here is a quick list of our most trusted European casino brands selected from the gambling operator groups represented by EGBA (European Gaming and Betting Association) based on the analysis of the feedback from our 22,000+ members;
- 888Casino (see Review) – Voted the best online casino, Get No Deposit Bonus.
- MrGreen (see Review) – Award-Winning online casino, Get No Deposit Bonus.
- LeoVegas (see Review) – Best Mobile-friendly online casino, Get No Deposit Bonus.
- 32Red (see Review) – Top-rated customer support casino, see Latest Offer.
- Betsafe (see Review) – Top-notch casino experiences, see Latest Offer.
CasinoEuro (see Review) – Massive collection of games, see Latest Offer.
- 777 Casino (see Review) – Retro Vegas online casino, see Latest Offer.
Nordic Bet (see Review) – Big Swedish gaming site, see Latest Offer.
Betsson (see Review) – Scandinavian Giant betting site, see Latest Offer.
Dunder (see Review) – High payout ratio online casino, see Latest Offer.
Most Trusted Online Casinos Review
We summarize a brief review together with bonus offers of each casino, note that the bonus offers may vary by country, the ones we show are the offers seen in the UK.
888 Casino – Overall the Most Reputable Online Casino in Europa
- 888 Casino was founded in 1997, licensed by the Gibraltar Gaming Commission (GGC) & UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), operated by Casava Enterprise owned by 888 Holdings (the 10th largest gambling operator), a member of Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA) affiliated with European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA).
- Their business is constantly top-rated by receiving EGR (EGaming Review) awards & Global Gaming’s Digital Operator of the Year Award etc.
- 888 Casino is regularly audited by eCOGRA (Fairness) and certified by McAfee (Security).
- Their payout ratio is always ranked top-level sometimes up to 98%.
- Restricted Countries in Europe: France, Gibraltar & Turkey
MrGreen – Many Award-Winning Respected Online Casino in Europe
- MrGreen was founded in 2007, licensed by Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) & UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), and owned by MRG subsequently bought by William Hill Plc represented by European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA).
- Their service is constantly rated top level by being given 9 International Gaming Awards (IGA), 14 EGaming Review (EGR) & Internet world TOPP 100 Awards 6 times.
- MrGreen is regularly audited by eCOGRA (Fairness) for 800+ games & the average payout rate is around 97%.
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Belgium, Cypress, Czech Republic, Denmark & Russia
LeoVegas – The Best Mobile-Friendly Trusted European Online Casino
- LeoVegas was founded in 2011, licensed by Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) & UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), and owned by LeoVegas AB represented by Bos.nu affiliated with European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA).
- Their business is constantly top-rated by receiving EGR (EGaming Review) awards for 5 consecutive years as well as GIA winner and considered to be the best mobile-friendly site.
- Their security maintains a high standard using a 2048-bit Secure Socket Layer encryption all through 900+ casino games, which is audited by eCOGRA (Fairness).
- LeoVegas is rated as one of the top payout casinos with often over 96%.
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Hungary, Estonia, Serbia, Russia & Ukraine.
32Red Casino – Top-Rated Reputable Service Casino in Europe
- 32Red Casino was founded in 2002, licensed by Gibraltar Gaming Commission (GGC) & UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), and owned by Kindred Group Plc (9th largest gambling operator) represented by European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA).
- 32Red Casino UK won the award for the most reputable casino in 2003, only a year after they’d been established then with top-rated service, and continued getting awards regularly.
- 32Red Casino offer over 600 casino games and they are regularly audited by eCOGRA (Fairness) & use a 2048-bit SSL encryption provided by Comodo (Security).
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, Spain & Turkey.
Betsafe – Top-notch Reliable Casino Experiences
- Betsafe Casino was founded in 2006, licensed by Malta Gambling Authority (mga), UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) & Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA – spelinspektionen)
- They are owned by Betsson ab represented by European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA) and provide well over 1,000 games.
- Betsafe Casino is regularly audited by eCOGRA (Fairness), all transactions are further secured by a 128-bit SSL certificate and the payout ratio is often 95%+.
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Denmark, France, Greece, Italy & Spain.
Casino Euro – Massive Collection of Trusted Casino Games
- Casino Euro was founded in 2002, and licensed by Malta Gambling Authority (mga) & UK Gambling Commission (UKGC).
- They are owned by Betsson ab represented by European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA).
- Casino Euro offers 1,300+ casino games which are regularly audited by eCOGRA (Fairness) and hold RSA 2048-bits SSL Certificate issued by Sectigo (Security).
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Netherlands, Russia, Slovenia & Spain
777 Casino – Unique Retro Vegas Casino Experience
- 777 Casino was launched in 2015, licensed by the Gibraltar Gaming Commission (GGC) & UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), owned by 888 Holdings Plc (10th largest gambling operator) and a member of Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA) affiliated with the European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA).
- Their 500+ casino games are regularly audited by eCOGRA (Fairness) and their payout ratio constantly records over 96%.
- They use 128-bit SLL encryption technology (Security).
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Denmark, France, Gibraltar, Italy, Spain & Turkey
Nordic Bet – Big Swedish Creditable Betting Site
- NordicBet was founded in 2001, licensed by Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) & Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA – spelinspektionen), and owned by Betsson AB belonging to GVC Holdings being represented by EGBA.
- NordicBet holds the EGR Operator Award for the best customer support service in 2017.
- They offer the games from IGT licensed by UKGC, implying their fairness is reasonably verified.
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey & UK
Betsson – Giant Scandinavian Trusted Betting Site
- Betsson was founded in 2001, licensed by Malta Gambling Authority (MGA), UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) & Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA – spelinspektionen), and owned by Betsson Malta LTD, a subsidiary of Betsson ab (founded in 1963) represented by European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA).
- Betsson is regularly audited by eCOGRA (Fairness), their payout ratio constantly reaches 95%+ and they use high-level SSL Encryption technology by Verisign SSL.
- Restricted Countries in Europe: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain & Turkey.
Dunder – Very High Payout Ratio Online Casino
- Dunder Casino was launched in 2015, licensed by Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) & UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), and owned by MT Secure Trade Ltd, a relatively small company started up by 2 Swedish online casino experts who proclaim “a beautiful casino with user-friendliness in focus”.
- Dunder offers rich & diverse 800+ casino games, which are audited by COMODO & all the personal & transaction data are secured with SSL encryption.
- Their payout rate is reported to be very high at 97%+.
- Restricted Countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Jordan, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey & UK.
The UK Trusted Online Casinos
As you may be aware, our best online European casino list includes the Top Online Casinos UK. The UK is by far the largest online gambling by accounting for over 1/3 of the total European market as seen below;
Importantly, the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) is famous for its tough regulation with rigorous checks and procedures in place to guarantee a level playing field.
When you seek a new online casino in Europe, which is neither represented by EGBA nor a part of a big gambling group (say top 10), acquiring the UKGC license would be the best factor to assess.
You can usually confirm it at the bottom of the online casino site like;
Criteria for Finding the Most Trusted & Best European Online Casino
To identify the most trusted & best European online casinos, we set the following simple 4 key parameters (besides we think much of our members’ frank feedback);
- 1) Legitimacy – License & Regulation
- 2) Business & Financial Health
- 3) Fairness (Return to Customers)
- 4) Attractive Welcome & Ongoing Bonuses
Let me quickly go through each criterion;
1) Legitimacy – License & Regulation
Needless to say, licensing & registration (being regulated) are the fundamental requirements for safety & security. So, firstly, I’ll share how online gambling licensing works among European jurisdictions. European Commission says;
As the site also states, EU online gambling regulation is characterized by diverse regulatory frameworks. According to EGBA*, multi-license regimes have become the dominant regulatory model in the EU, introduced in 23 EU member states by 2019 as below;
*European Gaming & Betting Association (EGBA) is the Brussels-based industry body registered both in EU Transparency Register & International Betting Integrity Association (IBIA) and launched the yearly Responsible Gaming Day.
They affiliate with Bos.nu & GBGA and represent the leading online gaming & betting group operators established, licensed, and regulated within the EU. EGBA member companies offer their services across 19 EU Member States and, as a result, collectively possess more than 134 online gambling licenses to do so, averaging 7 licenses per country as below (it doesn’t mean all the member casinos own licenses in every country marked in the map);
What we like in EGBA is the fact that they employ 900 DEDICATED EXPERTS in customer due diligence, anti-money-laundering, & fraud prevention, and constantly auditing the business of the members. So, we feel comfortable to chose some of their member casinos here.
BTW, strict protection of the players’ gambling addiction is, needless to say, a very important business standard in the gambling industry.
So, any casinos that don’t support the protection scheme such as BeGambleAware belonging to European Casino Association (ECA) or Global Gambling Guidance Group (G4) are ethically unaccepted (typical unethical bookie news & support evidence, which we hate so much).
Especially, any European casinos not on GamStop (Britain’s national online gambling self-exclusion scheme) in the UK are not ideal.
2) Business & Financial Health
Legitimacy based on registration only doesn’t ensure any long-term business. As said earlier by referring to the disastrous MoPlay case, poor business management will vanish your money. The below-ranking table from Market Research Report shows the world’s top 10 gambling operators;
The business scale itself also doesn’t guarantee any financial health though, yet usually the bigger the more stable & sound. So, naturally, we tend to select a bigger business as the basis of top European online casinos.
You may even wonder whether a casino cheats on you by manipulating the game’s RTP (return to player) especially when you face losing streaks.
Let me quote the below from one of our Casino strategy papers;
Fairness is the point if the game is not manipulated by the site to let you lose with unreasonable house edge etc. All reputable online casinos need to use RNG (Random Number Generation) which is an algorithm used in computing when an outcome needs to be as random as possible.
One way to know if the particular casino site is fair and secure is to check if the casino has the eCOGRA seal of approval, or whether it bears the logo of some other independent auditing agency such as iTech Labs or GLI. Such information is usually displayed at the bottom of a casino’s website.
Casino Bonus Strategy – How To Beat Online Casino With Expected Value Betting
The below shows an 888Casino example indicating the eCOGRA seal;
So, you may feel easier if the site carries such an endorsement (see eCOGRA audited clients). However, it doesn’t mean the sites without these seals are manipulated. Both Bet365 & William Hill don’t indicate any seals though it’s not necessarily they are not audited by the 3rd party;
BTW, various sites publish casino pay charts like the one below (the left end is the brands constantly showing over 95% average payout ratio);
When we look at UK & Ireland giant betting operators like Bet365, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Coral, Paddy Power & Betfair (you may want to use Betfair Alternatives), they are not regularly ranked in the top positions in such pay charts. And their profitabilities (especially payout to the CEO) are quite high. What does it imply? They are not cheating but most probably include many low RTP games, just FYI.
*Note: If you want absolute fairness, Provably Fair Game is the best & only solution.
4) Attractive Welcome & Ongoing Bonuses
We at Global Extra Money (GEM) would like our readers/members to make extra income by consistently beating online bookies, casinos & poker with Advantage Gambling methods.
When it comes to the casino where pure mathematics dictates, people can’t win long-term due to the house edge, and using the bonus is only the way for ordinary people to win consistently.
Thus, a juicy bonus is a very critical criterion to select the online casino for us. There are several best European casinos with no deposit bonus included in the list. BTW, we have issued the following guides that must help you pursue bonus hunting effectively;
Casino Bonus Hunting Instructions & Manuals
When it comes to the advanced software for casino bonus hunting, we extract the summary of 1 excellent software from the above guide, which you will find in the Wrap-Up section at the bottom of this document. Suggest not overlook it.
Advanced Casino Calculator – EV Maximiser
We suggest you consider using EV Maximiser which is an excellent casino bonus tool.
Suggest you watch Mike’s Introductory Video, which will give you a good insight into how it works. Click the below screenshot, then you will be navigated to the video;
European Casinos Mushrooming – Need Caution
Rapid Growth of Online Casino & No License Sites
According to Edison Research, the global online gaming market has grown at a 10% CAGR over the past decade and amounted to £40bn GGR in 2018. Europe is the largest market with a 54% share and casinos account for 27% (the 2nd biggest category only next to sports betting).
H2GC estimates online growth of 7% CAGR to 2023. Such heavy growth is partly driven by the mushrooming of new casino sites given the low entry barrier (many no licensed sites are operating online), which means there are full of unethical rogue online casino sites in Europe.
Even for sites regulated by UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) like MoPlay, poor business management causes a disastrous situation and people lost a lot of money (see the reality of how your money is protected by betting sites).
Beware Scammers are next to you
Although the data is relatively old, Casino.org says;
The largest market for online gambling is Europe, but this probably won’t come as a surprise to anyone. Across the globe during 2015 the EU market made up 47.6% of the €34.6 billion of online gaming gross win (stakes minus winnings) generated. While the success of online gambling in Europe is pretty well known, what’s helping the continent be seen as the leader in gambling is its level of innovation, especially through the growth of successful casino platforms.
We’re pleased to know the progress of the European casinos’ innovation, but we also know that Europe is historically the hotbed of casino scams. You may have been aware of many shady online casinos associated with rogue Affpower (they are registered in Malta), we have also heard the bad experiences (slow & no payments) related to European online casino sites such as Mighty Slots, Plenty Jackpots & Slots Inferno (all of them belong to Curgam Malta Ltd Group).
So, Europe is the largest online market in the world full of cons, which means people must lose a lot of money not only from gambling but also from fraud. Don’t trust irresponsible review sites which rank the casinos without solid rationale.
BTW, when it comes to US Online casinos, they have been severely restricted due to The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 (UIGEA) which outlawed financial transactions involving online gambling providers.
However, ironically, many online gambling sites located in the Caribbean region & open to US citizens are ranked top in the world by many reliable rating sites and gained an excellent reputation with decades histories.
Many of these casinos accept European residents, so see the best offshore betting site list which is based on sportsbook criteria but they are all-in-one sites including casinos & poker.
Incidentally, for those who think much of gambling privacy, make the best use of the “Best Anonymous Crypto Casinos & Bonuses Latest List“.
Last but not least, you don’t want to miss the info contained in the “List of Best Bitcoin Casino All Types of Bonuses“, which includes BTC Casino No Deposit Bonuses, Our GEM Exclusive Bonuses, Crypto Reload Bonuses, & BTC Faucet (obviously, these will help boost your casino earnings).