- What’s Sports Spread Betting?
- Advantage Play Strategies
- Sports Spread Betting Key Operators
- Spread Betting Offers – Types & Requirements
- Sports Spread Betting Advantage Play Appendix
What’s Sports Spread Betting?
Sports Spread Betting is a derivative product allowing you to speculate & bet on whether the outcome will be above or below the spread range the broker believes the outcome of a certain market will fall, rather than betting on the fixed odds.
Fixed odds provide you with a simple “win or lose” scenario and you know exactly how much you will win or lose when you strike a bet.
However, with spread betting, how much you win or lose is determined by how accurate you are. Your winning amount depends on how right you are about the direction you go in while the more you are wrong the more you lose.
How Does Sports Spread Betting Work?
It may seem complicated, but once you start doing you will realize it’s pretty straightforward.
So, how does it work? Just watch the below video produced by Spreadex;
It says spread betting gives customers the opportunity to bet for or against a predicted outcome of a sports event by going higher or lower.
Using football total score as an example, Spreadex forecasts the score of a certain match a total of 3 goals and offers a quote of 2.9 goals – 3.1 goals.
If you thought that there would be more goals than that, you would “Buy”, which means to go high.
If you thought there would be less goals than that, you would “Sell”, which means to go low.
Assuming there were 5 goals scored in that match (I’m showing the calculation from a slightly different angle from the video), the possible winning & losing are;
- If you had “Bought” Total Goals with a £100 stake on this game at 3.1, the available price to buy on Spreadex, the winning calculation to be taking your starting price away from the final result, which is;
- 5 – 3.1 = 1.9 and since your stake was £100, you would win 1.9 x £100 = £190
On the other hand, if you had “Sold” Total Goals at 2.9, you would have made a loss. You take your starting price away from the final result to calculate the loss as;
- 5 – 2.9 = 2.1 and since your stake was £100, you would lose 2.1 x £100 = £210
- 5 – 3.1 = 1.9 and since your stake was £100, you would win 1.9 x £100 = £190
Sports Spread Betting Quick Summary
Just a snapshot of sports spread betting;
- Two Markets – There are 2 main markets in spread betting which are Financials (like this) and Sports (like this). We focus on the Sports market with the advantage play.
- Speculation – It is a type of speculation that involves taking a bet on the price movement. The broker offers its own prediction for the sports event, and if you think it is too low, you would ‘buy’, too high, you would ‘sell’. The more right you are, the more you win, the more wrong you are, the more you lose. Although the volatility is supposed to be the benefit for spread betting, people often lose in rapid movements because unlike fixed-odds betting the amount won or lost can be unlimited, thus in a usual trading Stop-Loss setting is essential.
- Key Operators (Brokers)– There are virtually only 2 dominant brokers in the sports spread betting sector (we’re sharing one more unique sports market platform provider).
- Bonus Availability – All brokers offer you welcome bonuses and one offers periodic reload bonuses.
- Tax-Free – In the UK, spread betting is regulated primarily by the Financial Conduct Authority but since there are no underlying assets you own, your profits are free of stamp duty and capital gains tax, so basically it’s tax-free income. When it comes to sports fixed betting & casino (sports spread betting operators provide these services as well), it is under the Gambling Commission, so it’s tax-free the same as the other advantage gambling incomes.
Note: Don’t be confused with Point-Spread. Point-Spread is a handicap placed on one team by bookmakers, which is designed to give both teams in any game an equal chance at winning in the eyes of sports bettors.
Sports Spread Betting here is the betting system exclusively offered by Sports Spread Betting companies in the UK & Ireland.
Advantage Play Strategies
Allow us to share a bit about our betting principle. Many people automatically believe in Betting = Gambling. No, it’s Not Correct, gambling is to play games of chance for money.
We Do Betting But We Don’t Count On Chance. Instead, we do 6 Advantage Plays based on mathematical edge to beat the bookies, casino & bingo.
We can rake bookies’ numerous bonuses in real cash without (sports betting via matched betting) or with very limited (casino & bingo) risk, and via Sports Arbitrage / Value Bets On Proven Software, Tipsters (handicappers) & Systems we lock-in profit or consistently earn extra income for long-term.
With that said, one of our policies is “Betting On Luck Is For Losers, Stop Gamble Betting But Bet on Only +EV (Expected Value) To Win Reliably”.
We apply this principle to spread betting as well. This means we explore the mathematical advantage over spread betting operators to make money without risk by making the best use of the bonuses they offer.
Sports Spread Betting Key Operators
As said, there are only 2 established sports spread betting operators (brokers) as below;
Sporting Index, founded in 1992, licensed and regulated by both FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) & the UK Gambling Commission, owned by Swedish businessman Magnus Hedman since 2015 / Claim the market leader position in this segment with a market share of 70% / offers spread bets on sports (+ fixed odds betting), politics & showbiz events, etc. together with an online casino.
SpreadEX founded in 1999, owned by Spreadex Ltd, licensed and regulated by the UKGC (Gambling Commission) / provides sports betting (both sports spread betting and sports fixed odds betting), financial trading, and casino gaming.
Spread Betting Offers – Types & Requirements
Unlike traditional bookmakers, casinos, or bingo sites, it usually doesn’t require WR (Wager Requirements) where a good opportunity to rake the bonus efficiently exists.
Sports Spread Betting
Both Spreadex and Sportingindex offer;
- Welcome Bonus
- Reload Bonus
The 2 companies change the offers periodically, though, basically, their offers are either No Deposit Bonus such as “You get £100 risk-free bet after you successfully open an account” or Deposit Required Bonus such as “You will get up to £400 complimentary Free Bet after you place certain numbers of qualifying bets” etc.
These are off course not withdraw-able, but any winning would become your profit while this free bet compensates your any loss, thus it becomes a risk-free bet.
The important point is that they do such offers both in the Spread Betting category & Fixed Odds category.
Methods Of Spread Betting Bonus Clearing
We used to apply matched betting method both to Spread Betting category offer and Fixed Odds category offer to extract cash risk-free.
However, given the change of their T&C, at this moment in time, we can’t use matched betting for the offer in the Spread Betting category.
So, until the time they go back to the condition allowing us to resume matched betting, we focus on the offers in Fixed Odds category offers.
Fixed Odds Offers
Sporting Index also provides fixed odds offer like below;
The T&C says;
Welcome to Sporting Index!
And to celebrate you joining, we are giving you a free £25 Fixed Odds bet. All new clients are eligible and to qualify you simply need to deposit, place and settle 5 x £5 minimum Fixed Odds individual bets on any sports market at odds of 1.5 (1/2) or greater and once the 5th bet settles, we’ll give you a £25 free bet.
Don’t get confused with the offer to Spread Bet category like below, which we can’t use the matched betting method currently;
How To Extract Cash From Offers Risk-Free
As said, we apply the Matched Betting method.
The concept is simple, we find the identical market between Sporting Index & Spreadex and seek close prices to make matched betting, which is risk-free.
We can usually rake 80-90% of the bonuses they offer.
For the specific step by step instruction, go Spread Betting How To Extract Welcome Bonus 100% Risk-Free
Sports Spread Betting Advantage Play Appendix
As said, we use 6 advantage plays, and below is the quick link to each advantage play;
For International Players
Sports Advantage Play
Although the sports spread betting opportunity is confined into the UK, our other sports betting advantage play can apply to almost all countries.
This means, as long as you live in a country where online gambling is legitimate, you are most likely to make the best use of them. In fact, there are only 8 Countries (Cyprus, Poland, North Korea, the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Brunei, Cambodia) that legally prohibit online betting.
Strongly suggest take a look at :
In these documents, you will find the specific methods that enable people from almost all countries to make the best use of the lucrative offshore advantage gambling opportunities you may have overlooked.
I have to stress that especially the above Bitcoin Betting will pave the way for all US citizens and those who can’t access online bookmakers to make thousands of extra income risk-free, Very useful, worth your time to check.
Casino Advantage Play
For casino players, the below lists would be useful;
If you have any questions or need any help from us, please contact us anytime (don’t worry, we will not charge you any fee, everything is free here).
Joshua Walker (bio)
Editor – Global Extra Money (GEM)