- Matched Betting DACH Region
- How to start Matched Betting in Germany, Austria & Switzerland
- DoppelWetten Review
- Matched Betting in Germany Conclusion
Matched Betting DACH Region
Matched betting is definitely one of the best no-risk online money-making methods hugely popular in the UK/Ireland. However, the concept has been expanded into many other countries and in this guide, we focus on matched betting in the German-speaking region, namely DACH (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) and the best matched betting service that serves in both German & English.
So, the people who can benefit from this guide (you will find more details in the interview with DoppelWetten) are;
- All English-speaking residents in DACH areas
- Any expatriates living in DACH areas (including students)
- People who want to move to DACH region to live off matched betting for a short while (good opportunity for working holiday scheme)
- Those who reside outside but can complete bookies KYC verification by using DACH resident’s documents
What’s no risk matched betting?
Matched betting in DACH region works exactly the same way as matched betting in the UK where hundreds of thousands ordinary people make risk-free money every month. Watch the below video prepared by Germany based matched betting site DoppelWetten;
How to do matched betting Germany – Example
Let me elaborate a bit on the process of matched betting by using bwin Welcome offer of “Get 100% Deposit Bonus up to €100”;
Make sure you check T&C (Terms & Conditions) which is boring but very important to avoid any unpleasant surprise down the road. The below bwin’s T&C shows;
So, the process of matched betting is;
- Assuming you deposit €100 to “bwin”, then €100 bonus will be credited into your bwin account. In order to withdraw your bonus, you need to wager €200 (deposit + bonus) x 3 = €600 (this WR; wager requirement is one of the most popular conditions European bookmakers impose which is described as “Locked Bonus” in the above video).
- There are 2 transactions involved. Since you have €200 in your account, one transaction is Back (bet on win) €200 on any sports event with over 1.7 odds at Bwin & Lay (bet on NOT win) appropriate stake € at Betting Exchange so that you cover all outcomes (if no betting exchange is available in your country, you can back on the opposite outcome(s) in other bookmakers, which is called Dutching method).
- Regardless of the outcome, your losing & winning will cancel out each other. In real practice, usually, 2 bets are not perfectly offset due to the odds difference & exchange commission. Therefore you make a small loss called Qualifying Loss.
- If your bet loses at “bwin”, then your Wager Requirement is completed and at this stage, you successfully cashed out €100 bonus (minus small loss depending on the odds) to bet exchange or other bookmakers called “Covered Bookmaker(s)”.
- If you win at “bwin”, then you need to repeat exactly the same process until you complete €600 wager requirement or your balance becomes 0 at “bwin”.
- For this specific type of offer, there is an advanced technique called “Under Lay” and if you’re interested, check the method to maximise your profits.
- Remember, the key success factor is how to minimize the qualifying loss by identifying the narrowest odds between “bwin” and betting exchange etc. during the entire process.
Don’t forget you need to complete the above process within 90 days after you receive the bonus in this offer, otherwise, any bonus related balance will be forfeited.
Germany – Gambling Law Update
Germany will legalize the online betting activities including casino, sports betting & poker from the 1st July 2021, which requires stricter restrictions. For sports betting, bettors will only be able to wager on the final result or the next scorer of a game.
Prior to the legalization, some new restrictions started on 15 Oct 2020 to make a smooth transition.
I asked the founder of DoppelWette (see later) to share his thoughts of the effect on matched betting, and he sent me the following update;
The impact on matched betting in Germany has been minimal. A few bookmakers have left, while others have created a new site e.g. Ladbrokes now have a .de site without the casino part.
The whole thing is currently with the EU and it is still to be seen if the EU will approve. I don’t think we have seen the last change yet.
These are the general changes for all German casino providers from 15.10.2020:
- To play Games deposit directly into the Games account. A chip transfer is not needed anymore.
- Only slot games will be offered.
- The maximum deposit limit in a 30 days period for the Games offer is 1.000€ for customers who are fully verified.
- There are no live casino games offers.
- There are no jackpot games offers.
- The previous casino offer is not accessible anymore.
- The previous swipe offer in the Sport-App is not available anymore.
- The usage of Games without verification (IDnow or SOFORT Ident) is restricted to 30 days. After this time period, the Games account will be blocked until successful verification.
- You cannot transfer funds between your Sports betting account and your Games account
These are the changes for you directly while playing:
- The maximum playing time is 60 minutes. You need to take a 5 minutes break after this limit is reached.
- On each page and in all games in the Games sector is the possibility to activate an immediate break for 24 hours for this sector.
- There is no auto spin functionality in the games.
- You can only play one game at a time. Playing more games in different browser tabs or via split screen is not possible.
For the full report of “German State Treaty of Gambling update”, see Is Matched Betting still possible in Germany?
How to start Matched Betting in Germany, Austria & Switzerland
You can do matched betting manually on your own.
- (1) When you start matched betting, you need to study hard to understand how the whole system works. Although it’s a risk-free but not a human error-free thus your careless mistake may ruin your efforts.
- (2) Doing matched betting manually is very time consuming and tiring mainly because you keep several bookmakers & betting exchange sites open and compare the odds before placing the bets properly.
- (3) Besides, you regularly need to check & update the bookies’ free bets offers to identify the matched betting opportunities which are also time-consuming including the latest sign-up bonuses by the state if available.
Therefore, as many British do in the UK, using a Matched Betting service is the smartest & highest-cost performance way to profit from it.
DoppelWetten is supposed to be the first & best matched betting bilingual subscription service in the DACH region.
So, let us review DoppelWetten;
DoppelWetten Overall Services
The below video explains how DoppelWetten solves the (1) – (3) of the self manual matched betting problems we just listed above;
Since oddsmatcher makes a very important role in matched betting, let me add the video explaining how it works;
Interview with Rasmus, the founder of DoppelWetten
We conducted an interview with Rasmus, the founder & MD of DoppelWette, which will give you a better insight into if matched betting & DoppelWetten fit your needs;
The below table summarizes DoppelWetten key information;
|Services||Tutorial: Full training guides & videos / Offer: Today & Future Promo (casino offers included) / Software: Oddsmatcher & Dutching / Tools: 9 Calculators / Very active forum|
|Pricing||Premium €18.99/month & €189.90/year (see the tables below)|
|Is DoppelWetten safe?||Even you pay a full annual fee of €189.90, you will recoup it within the first few offers or so, therefore, pretty good risk & reward ratio.|
|Money Back||You can cancel a subscription at any time and get money back within the first 30 days (Refund T&C)|
|Free Trial||Yes, it’s available. Register here – No payment information is required.|
|GEM Special Offer||Use the coupon code “gem” in Premium Monthly sign-up to get the First Month FREE (see below for how it works)|
Price & Service Table
GEM 31 Days Free Access Offer
As said in the above table, after you click Buy Now Premium Monthly plan use “gem” code then you will get a confirmation like below;
As Rasmus commented in the interview, Betting Exchange is not available in Germany. So, some of you may wonder how you can do matched betting without the betting exchange. The below shows the solutions;
You can use Orbit Exchange as a Betfair Whitelabel (, which is actually recommended by DoppelWetten). Betfair Whitelabel can only be accessed via bet broker, see the full details here (find the choice of bet brokers). Since this industry is a bit unstable and you need a careful risk-management, which you should take a look at here before taking any actions.
Alternatively, you can use Dutching method, which is a popular betting strategy to increase the winning rate while reducing the risk. Since Dutching enables you to cover all the outcomes among bookmakers, you can manage matched betting without a betting exchange (this method will become a Sports Arbitrage when we profit without bookmaker’s offer).
You can locate the dutching opportunities constantly via DoppelWetten Dutching Matcher as below;
Matched Betting in Germany Conclusion
DoppelWetten makes matched betting in Germany, Austria and Switzerland easy & lucrative.
On this occasion, allow us to share a bit about our betting principle. Please avoid prejudice of “Betting = Gambling”. We do bet but don’t count on luck. We do 6 Advantage Plays based on mathematical edge to beat the bookies, casino & bingo. When it comes to Sports Betting & Horse Racing, we use Matched Betting / Sports Arbitrage / Value Bets On Proven Systems & Tipsters to lock-in profit or consistently earn extra income for long-term.
With that said, one of our policies is “Betting On Luck Is For Losers, Stop Gambling But Bet on Only +EV (Expected Value) To Win Reliably”. It is effectively our way to promote Responsible Gambling under the regulation, and we strongly support Gambling Help as we do to GambleAware being explained in about us.
We, Global Extra Money (GEM) would like our readers to exploit such reliable money-making opportunities as much as possible. Matched Betting is probably the easiest advantage plays and this DoppelWetten review aims to provide you with the best approach to matched betting in DACH (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) region.
Bookmaker Account Restriction a.k.a. Gubbing in DACH Region
Rasmus said in the above interview;
- Agree that account restrictions is a big issue.
Since most bookmakers are international companies, the situation is much the same in the DACH region as it is in the UK.
We try our best to inform people of this topic and have guides that offer tips on how to reduce the risk of gubbing.
In fact, we have a very extensive guide on the way, which will contain even more information and more methods to reduce the risk.
So, in the meantime, you can use our 2 guides – One is Before Restriction, The Other One is After Restriction (the cases we use are UK bookmakers though, basic tactics & methods can fully apply to Australian matched betting);
We believe the above two guides will help you keep exploiting unfair bookies, means will enable you to make money on the side reliably for long-term.
Advantage Play Progression Tactics
As said, we use Six Advantage Plays based on the EV. When it comes to sports betting, we have Three advantage plays. Among them, we suggest people take the evolving move as a logical and the safest approach for newbies. namely;
- Starting from Matched Betting (see Dummies Guide) / Sports Arbitrage (sure bet – see Cheat-sheet for Dummies). Because these are basically risk-free and you can lock-in profit from almost every bet. Means you can start safely, which will help change your mindset toward betting activities/gambling.
- Comparing between matched betting & sports arbitrage, many people feel more comfortable to start matched betting first because you can do it easier with a smaller bank. And, in DACH region, we strongly suggest you start matched betting first with DoppelWetten.
- However, these 2 methods could be relatively short-lived due to the ever-tightening soft bookies’ account restriction. See the rationale in Know Bookies’ Business Model.
- Thus, evolving into Value Betting without risk-hedge which is more size with better efficiency for long-term is a natural move as an ultimate betting activity.
With that said, you may want to consider moving up to the next sports trading level of value betting while exploiting the bookie’s free bet via matched betting. The followings are proven methods which can be used by basically anyone in the world, FYI;
We always value our readers’ feedback, if you have any opinion or suggestion on how to improve our site or any list of information you would like to see in our site or any questions you would like to ask, please let us know via contact.
Joshua Walker (bio)
Editor – Global Extra Money (GEM)