- 11 Best Bitcoin Poker Sites 2021
- List Of Best Crypto Online Poker Sites
- Nitrogen Sports – The Best Anonymous Safe Poker Site
- SwC Poker – Soft Games with Low Rake
- BetOnline Poker – The Best Soft All-In-One Site for Global Players
- Sportsbetting Poker – Clone of BetOnline
- Intertops Poker – The Most Mobile Friendly Site with Longest History
- Ignition Casino Poker – The Softest Poker Site in the USA & Australia
- Bovada – The Most Successful Offshore Gambling Site in the USA
- Bodog – Softest Poker Sites in Canada
- Tiger Gaming – The No. 1 Poker Site in Canada
- America’s Card Room – The Best Rakeback Offer
- Black Chip Poker – The Preferred Poker Site by Grinders
- Bitcoin Poker Basics
- Bitcoin Online Poker Legality & Safety
- Factors To Decide Your Best Bitcoin Poker Site
- Bitcoin Best Poker Sites Wrap Up
11 Best Bitcoin Poker Sites 2021
Bitcoin poker sites are the online poker sites that accept BTC & Cryptocurrencies deposits & withdrawals.
There are 2 types of Bitcoin Poker sites;
- Bitcoin Exclusive: BTC & Cryptocurrencies are the only currency in the entire process (deposit, play & withdrawal), which means no currency conversion between BTC & Fiat such as USD, EUR & GBP thus no exchange risk.
- Hybrid: Accept both Cryptocurrencies & Fiat currencies for deposits & withdrawals. However, fiat currency is usually required to use for playing poker, this means you need to convert cryptocurrency into fiat currency after the deposit & before the withdrawal at a real-time rate, thus bear the exchange risk.
We select the best & safest Bitcoin online poker sites both exclusive crypto & hybrid.
As explained in our Best Crypto Casino Sites List, the nature of blockchain prevents most of the online fraud including identity theft, enables quick & cheap withdrawal, of which low transaction cost will give you better offers.
List Of Best Crypto Online Poker Sites
Nitrogen Sports – The Best Anonymous Safe Poker Site
Nitrogen Poker Welcome Bonus
Many Freeroll tourneys (probably one of the best in the US) including 100 Daily Flops Free Roll Challenge, 100mbtc Guaranteed, 300mbtc Guaranteed, 1000 Weekly Flops Free Roll – Diamond Challenge, Daily Big Chip Challenge, etc!!
SwC Poker – Soft Games with Low Rake
SwC Poker Sign-Up Offer
24/7 Freerolls, No rake micro stakes, Guaranteed Prize Pool (GTD) tournament, Krill (FPP) Leaderboard bonus prizes & rewards to increase Rakeback, and Bad Beat Jackpot, etc!!
BetOnline Poker – The Best Soft All-In-One Site for Global Players
BetOnline Sign-Up Offer
Weekly $2.5 Million Guaranteed Tournament, $10k Cash Race, $5k Sit ‘N Go Leaderboard, Bad Beat Jackpot, Jackpot Sit ‘N Go, Sunday $150k GTD (Guaranteed Prize Pool) & 20% Balance Boost (crossover promotion casino, sports & poker)!!
Sportsbetting Poker – Clone of BetOnline
Sports Betting Sign-Up Offer
Windfall Sit ‘N Go’s (prize pool up to x2,000 buy-in), $2,000 Weekly & $5,000 Monthly Mission Grinders, $10,000 High Hand & $5,000 Iron Man Leaderboard, and Bad Beat Jackpot, etc.
Intertops Poker – The Most Mobile Friendly Site with Longest History
Intertops Sign-Up Offer
Non-Deposit Bonus (based on FPPs), Reload Bonus (e-mail invitation), Many GTD Tournaments including Depositor Freeroll!!
Ignition Casino Poker – The Softest Poker Site in the USA & Australia
Ignition Sign-Up Offer
Total $2 million Guaranteed Tournaments Every Week, Earn Poker Points, which you can accumulate and convert to tournament tickets or casino bonuses, Royal Flush (x50 bb up to $200) and Bad Beat Jackpot (x50 bb up to $1,000)
Bovada – The Most Successful Offshore Gambling Site in the USA
Bovada Poker Sign-Up Offer
Weekly $2,500 freeroll,
Bad Beat Bonus (x100 bb up to $1,000),
Royal Flush Bonus (x50 bb up to $200),
and Casino Bonuses From Poker Points etc!!
Bodog – Softest Poker Sites in Canada
Bodog Sign-Up Offer
Numerous Daily Guaranteed MTT Tournaments, Bad Beat Bonus (100 times the big blind up to $1,000), Royal Flush Bonus (50 times the big blind up to $200), and Casino Bonuses From Poker Points (good value)!!
Tiger Gaming – The No. 1 Poker Site in Canada
Tiger Gaming Poker Sign-Up Offer
Huge range of promotions & events including $10,000 Weekly Cash Race, $5,000 Weekly Sit ‘N Go, Bad Beat Jackpot (rare but hit big), Daily $25,000 Guaranteed Tourney For Just $1 Buy-In, Sunday $150k Guaranteed Tournament, Jackpot Sit ‘n Go’s & Windfall Poker, etc!!
America’s Card Room – The Best Rakeback Offer
America’s Cardroom Sign-Up Offer
The Beast Weekly Cash Game Leaderboard, Sit ‘N Go Jackpot Poker & Sit & Crush Cash Prizes, Many Freeroll Tourney & $1 million GTD Tournament, etc.
Black Chip Poker – The Preferred Poker Site by Grinders
Black Chip Poker Sign-Up Offer
$50 On Demand Freerolls 24 hours a day, $10 million GTD High Five Tournament, Sit ‘N Go Crush Cash Prizes, Cyclone MTTs, $1 Million Jackpot, The Beast Leaderboard Cash Prizes & Elite Rewards!!
Bitcoin Poker Basics
Bitcoin Deposit Tutorial
Those who never used Bitcoin for gambling must wonder how it works, so, watch BetOnline short video explaining the Bitcoin deposit into poker site;
Bitcoin Poker Pros & Cons
Together with the entire process of bitcoin betting, you can check the full details of Bitcoin Gambling pros & cons in How To Gamble With Bitcoin.
However, let me highlight a few positive points;
- Anonymity: for those who are concerned about cybercrime, BTC Exclusive poker sites like Nitrogen & SWC ask for the only email (you may want to check further in the List of Best Anonymous Bitcoin Casinos & Bonuses)
- Accessibility: for those who face restrictions to access offshore poker sites especially for funding like the USA (see 8 Best US Online Poker Sites for Real Money 2021), Bitcoin provides the best solution.
Needless to say, the biggest negative aspect is BTC’s Price Volatility. So, for those who are concerned about exchange risk, Bitcoin Exclusive poker sites are the best.
Bitcoin Online Poker Legality & Safety
Regarding the legality, all the best poker sites that accept Bitcoin we list here obtained the license and are regulated by each jurisdiction they register.
When it comes to safety, it should be measured not only by licensing but also financial stability & security.
The bitcoin poker sites especially the hybrid sites we list have been rated A+ rank by many reputable rating sites with flawless payments for decades.
Besides, BTC transactions are encrypted and verified while they move through the network and the poker sites keep Bitcoin deposits in cold storage, giving you additional security.
Factors To Decide Your Best Bitcoin Poker Site
1) Easiness Of Poker Rooms (Fish List)
Poker is considered gambling in many countries, but it’s actually pretty much skill-oriented.
So, if you’re a beginner, you want to avoid the site filled by skilled players a.k.a. Reg, Grinder, or Shark, and search the sites for recreational players (the unskilled players are known as Fish).
We assess Poker Site Softeness based on “Fish Radar” (for worldwide, see Softest Poker Sites Latest List 2021 – Shark Free, just FYI)
As you imagine, poker sites with the highest traffic have many fishes because the beginners feel safe in a big poker room. However, at the same time, there are many best players (for the traffic, see the next “Popularity” section.)
The sharks tend to play lots of games. Playing 5, 10, 20, or even 50+ tables at once (multi-tabling) and 50, 100 or 200+ games per day is normal for a full-time professional. Only the highest traffic poker sites offering lots of game selection & high stakes games can accommodate such professional activities. Thus the poker sites with the highest traffic have many pro-infested tables.
Shark Unfriendly Rules & Banning HUD
One of the easiest factors to find fewer shark poker sites is each poker site’s unique rules. If the site sets the rules prohibiting players from multi-table to say more than 4-6 tables, it’s a clear sign that such sites have fewer pros.
Another rule is allowing not to use screen names but anonymous as the Ignition example shown before. Anonymous tables discourage advanced players and help casual players feel more comfortable.
You may have heard HUD (Heads-Up Display). HUDs collect data on everyone you play against and then put it into numbers displayed right next to your opponent’s seat at the table as below example; HUDs allow sharks to identify fishes. Blocking the tracking software like HUD shows also the sites’ efforts to create a warm, friendly, and welcoming environment for recreational players by discouraging pros from targeting and taking advantage of weaker players.
In other words, for the players who want to win online poker consistently, HUD is an essential tool. Anyhow, the best HUDs for high volume grinders & for beginners are;
Since: 2012 (by PokerTracker Software)
License: Lifetime up to 3 PCs
Feature: Light Software / Compatibility with Windows & MAC
Support Sites: Major Poker Sites
Price: $99.99 for the most popular package (see a full price list)
Payment: Card, PayPal, Neteller& BTC
Offer: 14 Days Free Trial
Note: With in-depth analysis of wide data collection coupled with real-time adjustment function during in-play & Free New Features for Heavy Serious Grinders, PT4 is next to none (Active forum is available).
Since: 2007 (one of the HUD pioneers)
License: Lifetime up to 3 PCs
Feature: Easy to install / Multi-language support
Support Sites: 12 Major Poker Sites + Free Hand Grabber
Price: $100 for the most popular package (see a full price list)
Payment:Card, PayPal, Neteller & BTC
Offer: 15 Days Free Trial
Note: With all the features of Full stats (customizable to make the feed less cumbersome), In-depth analysis (adjustable based on skill level) & Post Game Analysis (focusing on your core skills by finding your leaks) make HM3 the best HUD for Beginner/Casual Players (Active forum is available).
These are the poker tracking software not only for HUD but can also analyze your poker hands namely finding your leaks & studying opponents to spot their weaknesses.
We explained full details about these excellent tools as well as a multi-tabling tool in Best Hud for Poker – Head-Up Display Software.
All-in-one Betting Site
There are 2 types of betting sites regarding the range of offering services, which are;
- All-in-one betting sites, including a sportsbook, casino and poker room, all playable with a single account
- Poker only sites
All-in-one sites like BetOnline; tend to have the easiest online poker games.
The reason why a poker room with a casino and/or sportsbook is Softer is that there’s often a lot of people who crossover. You’ll find considerable spillover from the casino tables at the poker tables.
Someone will win a lot of money in the casino or sportsbook and then feel like gambling on poker. But these guys are usually amateurs. They are gamblers, which means they play for entertainment more than profit, and poker games are all the same gamble to them.
In other words, they are Fishes who don’t study & learn poker. Sharing a table with one of these players can be a very rewarding experience.
Overlay in poker means the gap between a poker tournament’s guaranteed prize pool and the actual prize pool contributed by participating players.
For instance, if a tournament has a guaranteed prize pool of $1,000, a buy-in of $10 and 90 players enter, the players will generate only $900 to the prize pool. The rest of the prize pool (in this case $100) is made up by the tournament host and —would be the overlay for the tournament.
In other words, the tournament begins as if 10 people had already been knocked out. As you imagine this will surely increase anyone’s ROI, so it’s a soft game.
If the overlay is common in a particular poker site, it indicates less traffic & many soft games.
Bitcoin Poker Sites Fish Ranking
Considering the above factors, the easiest poker rooms ranking in Canada is;
- 1st: Ignition – Extremely soft with anonymous table, HUD disallowed & limited multiple tables
- 2nd: Bovada – Extremely soft, exactly same as Ignition (same PaiWangLuo network)
- 3rd: Bodog – Extremely soft, exactly same as Ignition (same PaiWangLuo network)
- 4th: BetOnline – Very soft, huge spillover from casino & sportsbook, high pre-flop rate
- 5th: Tiger Gaming – Very soft, exactly the same as BetOnline (both Chico Network)
- 6th: SportsBetting – Very soft, exactly the same as BetOnline (both Chico Network)
- 7th: Nitrogen: – Very soft, spillover from casino & sportsbook & HUDs banned
- 8th: Intertops – Soft, high spillover from casino & sportsbook & relatively higher pre-flop rate
- 9th: SwC – Soft with limited traffic
- 10th: America’s Cardroom – Tough with no HUD restriction & no Shark Unfriendly rules
- 11th: Blackchip Poker – Tough, exactly same as America’s Cardroom (both Winning Poker Network)
2) Poker Site Popularity
Traffic is an important factor to assess poker sites because If traffic is high, there are a lot of players who actively take part in online poker games offered on the site, so you can play anytime.
The below table from Poker Scout shows the world top 15 high traffic poker sites;
People often ask “Does Party Poker accept Bitcoins?”, the answer is No. Unfortunately, PartyPoker, 888Poker, IDNPoker (this network focus on the Asian market), Winamax.fr (France-based, target EC market), iPoker (Playtech network, target on Europe & Canada), & Unibet don’t accept any cryptocurrencies.
The below big poker network skins accept BTC;
- Pai Wang Luo: Bodog / Bovada / Ignition
- Winning Poker: America’s Cardroom / Black Chip Poker
- Chico Poker: BetOnline / Sportsbetting / Tiger Gaming
BTW, when it comes to GGPoker, popularity is not necessarily represented quality, thus we don’t include it in our list. We constantly receive terrible feedbacks from our members, some seriously believe GGPoker is rigged.
We intentionally sent a bit complicated inquiry, then they kept neglecting even after the 5th reminder, never experienced such unprofessional customer support. Such a negative reputation is confirmed by below Trustpilot;
It’s better to avoid.
3) Attractive Welcome & Recurring Bonuses
Obviously, the bonuses enhance your winnings or compensate for your loss. We don’t suggest you waste lucrative opportunities, thus we separately prepared a Complete Guide to Online Poker Bonus Hunting for Dummies, which explains online poker bonus types & how to evaluate each bonus to cash out them efficiently.
Best Bitcoin Poker Welcome Bonus
Deposit bonuses are a great way to build your bankroll and earn extra spending money. The best bonuses are;
- 1st: Intertops – 200% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000 (Claim HERE)
- 2nd: America’s Cardroom – 100% up to $2,000 (Claim HERE)
- 3rd: Blackchip Poker – 100% up to $2,000 (Claim HERE)
- 4th: TigerGaming – 100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000 (Claim HERE)
- 5th: Bodog – 100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000 (Claim HERE)
- 6th: BetOnline – 100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000 (Claim HERE)
- 7th: SportsBetting Poker – 100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000 (Claim HERE)
- 8th: Ignition – 100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000 (Claim HERE)
- 9th: Bovada – 100% Deposit Bonus up to $500 (Claim HERE also BTC exclusive Membership)
Besides, cryptocurrency-only poker rooms have much lower overheads than regular online poker rooms so they are generally able to offer lower rake rates on cash games and tournaments.
Major poker rooms like PokerStars & Party Poker charge the standard 4% to 7% rake but crypto-exclusive sites like SwC offer a significantly lower rake of 1 – 2.5%.
Bitcoin Best Poker Sites Wrap Up
Although there are a few cons/cautions in Crypto betting including volatility & future uncertainties of cryptocurrencies, we assume the advantages may surpass eventually.
In long term, many people believe it would be Rising Right as much brilliant stock price like Amazon, Netflix & Alphabet, etc.
Surely, I can’t assure anything but believe Cryptocurrency assets should be a part of your diversified portfolio, and preferably you use the money you are prepared to lose.
From this perspective, I guess the money you rake from Poker Bonus & other bonus hunting would be the most suitable and just leave them untouched as long as possible.
Then, who knows that the profits you gain now could grow to be over x100 in 10 years (there are several experts who predict BTC/USD would be over $200,000, well one model predicts $1,000,000 that sounds too much though).
Joshua Walker (bio)
Editor – Global Extra Money (GEM)