- What are Enhanced Bets / Odds Boost?
- Matched Betting for Odds Boost – Quick Recap
- 3 Types Of Enhanced Bets & Calculation Formulas
- Step By Step Instruction On How To Grab Instant Profits
- How To Lay Confusing Enhanced Odds Offers
- Today’s Price Boost Offers – Announcement Page Link Index
- Enhanced Odds Conclusion
What are Enhanced Bets / Odds Boost?
The definition of Enhanced Bets a.k.a. price boost is the inflated (better) odds offered by a bookmaker as a promotion. The enhanced bets can be used both for existing customer and new customer odds like the below Betfair enhanced odds example;
Such a price boost offer often creates the condition that the boosted odds become GREATER than the lay odds in Exchange (Betfair, Smarkets, etc).
This means, it creates the opportunity for you to implement Arbitrage Condition, which will bring you an instant guaranteed profit. You can lay off the bet at a betting exchange such as Betfair for an instant cash profit regardless of the result.
Remember, the difference between the enhanced bets and the arbitrage is that for enhanced bets, bookies intentionally boost the price. On the other hand, arbs are created by market inefficiency, meaning arbs are the results of bookmakers’ simple mistakes or slow of their traders’ price adjustment.
The key point here is that you basically don’t need to worry about being gubbed by capturing the enhanced bets opportunities unless you take all the opportunities aggressively. Always try to be modest.
Simply put, you can often Lock-In Profit From Enhanced Bets With No Risk via the standard Matched Betting method or with Special Technique depending on the offer.
Matched Betting for Odds Boost – Quick Recap
How Matched Betting Works for Enhanced Odds
We don’t gamble but use Matched Betting technique to lock in profit from the enhanced odds offer. Just in case you’re not familiar with it, Matched Betting For Dummies will be of your help. But just briefly, matched betting is doing;
- 2 transactions of Back (bet on win) at Bookmaker & Lay (bet on NOT win) at Betting Exchange like Betfair or Smarkets so that you cover all outcomes.
- Regardless of the outcome, your losing & winning will cancel out each other. In real practice, usually, 2 bets are not perfectly offset due to the odds difference & exchange commission. Therefore you make a small loss called Qualifying Loss.
- However, in the case of Enhanced Bets using boosted odds, as described before, your back odds is often higher than lay odds. It’s a condition of arbitrage and you will get instant profit.
- Very simple and easy.
BTW, there are 5 common types of bookmaker’s offers that allow you to lock in profits via matched betting. Please find more details in this guide.
Besides, many people imagine matched betting is for only UK & Ireland, wrong, Check;
This guide shows all top 4 betting exchange updated sign-up bonuses & how to extract cash risk-free from each bonus.
Remember you will have more guaranteed enhanced bets opportunities if you have more betting exchange accounts. Thus, try to increase your exchange accounts.
In case your residential country is not allowed to sign-up for the above 4 exchanges, use this solution.
3 Types Of Enhanced Bets & Calculation Formulas
Let’s discuss how we guarantee a profit.
The price boost is calculated as a qualifier in the calculator as it’s basically a straight arbitrage bet – see the below free calculator mode setting; We can categorize the Enhanced Bets Offer into popular 3 types, which are;
- Modest Enhanced Bets
- Big Enhanced Bets like Double or Treble
- Big Enhanced Bets Given in the form of Free Bets
1. Modest Enhanced Bets
The modest level of enhanced bets like below is bookie’s daily offer which often gives you a simple arbitrage condition; Let’s see how 14:30 Mussellburgh Wick Powerl goes, the 188Bet’s enhanced odds is 2.88;
Since Smarkets lay odds are lower than 188Bets due to the boosted price means it’s an arbitrage opportunity.
While I’m writing this document, I received the e-mail from Stan James, which is considered as an Enhanced Bet of this type.
2. Big Enhanced Bets like Double or Treble The Odds
Some of you may wonder if your bet loses you will not enjoy the benefits of the enhanced bets.
Don’t Worry, we can use the OverLay technique for the double or treble the odds offer to lock in the profit no matter the outcome of the event will be.
Actually, in the above 1., the calculator automatically used the OverLay method. The only point you have to be careful is that working out the correct enhanced odds to calculate the correct Lay Amount and Guaranteed Profit.
The formula you need to use is;
Correct Doubled Odds = (Bookmaker odds x 2) – 1
The reason is UK bookmakers use fractional odds, while we matched better use decimal odds. When you find bookie’s odds of 5.0 as the normal odds to be doubled, it is 4/1 in their term and they double it to 8/1 which is 9.0 in decimal. So, don’t make simple x2 calculations in decimal but use the above formula.
Besides, if it becomes treble,
Correct Trebled Odds = (Bookmaker odds x 3) – 2
Because, 5.0 odds = 4/1 x 3 = 12/1 = 13 decimal odds
So the bottom line is;
Correct Enhanced Odds = (Bookmaker odds x multiplier) – (multiplier -1)
Anyway, the offer over The Treble The Odds is quite unusual, thus you need to remember only the 1st 2 formulas or its simple calculation principle.
So, whenever you receive Double (or greater) Odds (receive in cash Not Free Bet), you apply the above formula to calculate the correct enhanced odds.
By entering the correct odds in the Matched Betting calculator, you will automatically know the lay stake you have to bet. And of course, how much profit (or loss, quite unlikely) will be.
I’ll show you the 2 concrete examples with Free Bet Paid case below since it’s more complicated.
3. Big Enhanced Bets Given in the form of Free Bet
For such big boosts, bookies often pay you the boost not in cash but in the form of a Free Bet. Then you need a slight modification to calculate the correct odds as follows;
Correct Enhanced odds = Normal Odds + FreeBet Value and Free Bet Value = Odds Difference (Enhanced Odds – Normal Odds) x 0.8
As usual, we assume we can extract at least 80% of the free bet value, therefore we use x 0.8. I’ll show you the full process instruction by using the case of Treble The Odds Paid in the form of Free Bet as below;
Step By Step Instruction On How To Grab Instant Profits
Modest Price Boost Case – Process
We already showed you the basic process using 188Bet, which is the simplest case. Let’s see the other example of Price Boost Betdaq (betting exchange offer) as follows; It says 20% Boost On Net Winnings On Champions League Semi-Finals (Max Boost £20). Key points are;
- It says Net Winnings, which is calculated as Total Winnings – Total Loss, thus if you already win any of the subject events during the promotion period, you may not want to bet further to avoid losing risk.
- Betdaq is a betting exchange, so you can both Back & Lay to join the offer though, the simplest way is to Place a Back bet rather than lay because usually the back odds in exchange is good and the calculation is easy.
- This is the Price Boost on Net Winnings and the Boost will be given in Free Bet, the calculation is a bit complicated. However, since you now understand the basic concept of enhanced odds, you should not feel any difficulty. So, let’s calculate;
Winning Boost Calculation Formula
We can get the final odds as follows;
Boosted Winnings Value in Free Bet = Stake x (original odds – 1) x % boost x 80%
Final Boosted Odds = (Winnings from Original Odds + Boosted Winning Value in Free Bet) / Stake + 1
Let’s use Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid. We assume a £100 stake in backing Bayern Munich because, as seen from the below Betdaq odds, the backing Bayern Munich is 2.14; While, the lay odds at Matchbook is 2.12. It already creates arbitrage; Then, we can calculate the final back odds as;
Boosted Winnings Value in Free Bet = £100 x (2.14 – 1) x 20% x 80% = £18.24
Final Boosted Odds = (£114 + £18.24) / £100 + 1 = 2.32
I use the tricky calculator here simply because I can show you all 3 cases in the 1 screenshot conveniently; As seen, we can lock in £7.24 Profit regardless of the outcome of the match (even you don’t get the 20% boost because Bayern loses).
If you want, you can play around the profit by keeping the deal Risk-Free. This means if you believe Bayern will win, then do Under Lay to get a maximum profit of £15.36 while losing nothing when Bayern loses.
If you feel comfortable with Real Madrid’s win, then do Over Lay to get £13.71 profit with 0 losing risk when Real Madrid loses.
BTW, don’t forget to add a 2% commission to Back Bet since Betdaq charges commission on both back & lay bet. The reason why we set 0% commission on Matchbook lay bet is we are receiving 0% commission both from Matchbook & Smarkets thanks to the offer of Oddsmonkey (see our Full Review).
Big Enhanced Odds – Process
It’s no brainer, simply matched betting Qualifying Process bet with just setting Overlay shown in 4);
- Firstly, check bookmaker’s T&C thoroughly as usual;
- Go Oddsmatcher to find the sports event with the closest back & lay odds by selecting 888Sport as the bookmaker, the below is the finding;
- Selected the best one (at the top) of Horse Racing Yarmouth at 14:25 Fast Sprint as a winner with the exchange of Smarkets, of which standard calculating page is;
Do Calculate Properly
We need to recalculate the 888Sports Treble Odds with the formula of;
- Correct Enhanced Odds = (Bookmaker odds x multiplier) – (multiplier -1)
- Free Bet Value = Odds Difference (Enhanced Odds – Normal Odds) x 0.8
- Final Correct Enhanced odds = Normal Odds + Free Bet Value
Putting the numbers in the formula;
- Correct Enhanced Odds = (5.0 x 3) – (3 – 1) = 13
- Free Bet Value = (13 – 5) x 0.8 = 6.4
- Final Correct Enhanced Odds = 5 + 6.4 = 11.4
Then, re-input 11.4 in the 888sport odds rather than 5.0, the calculation will be;
That’s it. People often feel they have to win therefore chose the short odds because the Free Bet will be given only your selection wins (Treble The Winnings), but not, with the above process, you Lock-In Profit from this welcome offer.
BTW. bookmakers frequently change their offers, see 888Sports latest welcome offer, FYI.
As briefly mentioned, while writing this document, I received the enhanced bets offer by e-mail from Stan James (BTW, StanJames was taken over by Unibet); With the explanation of;
So, it’s not the exact Double or Treble but we can lock in a profit by applying the price boost method here. Let’s calculate the value of this offer. The Stan James Odds are;
Smarkets (Exchange) Odds are; So I bet £20 on Newcastle (don’t forget you can bet Fullam that is even higher odds, but I chose Newcastle because the exchange odds is closer), We receive net return of £20 + Free Bet £10 Free Bet value = £10 x 0.8 = £8
Therefore the total return is £28 which is 2.8 odds We use matched betting calculator and input £20 stake, 2.8 odds bookmaker enhanced odds, and 2.08 exchange odds as follows;
Now, I lock in £6.64 Profit by doing the overlay of £27.18 no matter New Castle wins or loses. I placed bets as follows; Smarkets odds decreased to 2.06 from 2.08. Therefore my guaranteed profit slightly increased to £6.9 from £6.64. This is how it works.
How To Lay Confusing Enhanced Odds Offers
Need to confirm the availability of the exchange market
There are a few confusing enhanced bets offers for which we often received inquiries. Therefore, we clarify those for you not to make mistakes or avoid overlooking.
Firstly, you need to check Betfair for any complicated markets. Smarkets & Matchbook also offer some of the related markets but liquidity is low.
Some of the offers are effectively handicapped bet (it works under the condition of clear favorite). And remember, there are 2 types of handicap betting, which are Asian Handicap & European Handicap.
Detail aside, the biggest difference between these 2 handicaps is the treatment of “Draw”.
In Asian Handicap, Get Refund in Draw, But in European Handicap Draw is Possible means you will win or lose when the draw occurs.
Let’s see the specific offer, we assume Chelsea vs Crustal Palace match;
Chelsea To Win By 2 Or More Goals (against Crystal Palace)
- 1. Go to “Crystal Palace +1” market & Chose an option to lay “Chelsea -1” (this is European Handicap)
- 2. Go Asian Handicaps and lay “Chelsea -1.5” Don’t choose to lay “Chelsea -1” as you do in European Handicap. If Chelsea wins by just 1 goal then it is a draw and exchange will void your bet & just refund, which means you will lose the back bet stake in the bookmaker.
Chelsea To Win By 2 Goals
I know, it’s confusing, but remember it is not the same as 2 Or More Goals. Chelsea must win by exactly two goals. Go “Crystal Place +2” and lay “Draw” in European Handicap
Chelsea To Win & 3 or More goals
Betfair usually provides “Match Result and Over/Under 2.5 goals” market and lay Chelsea Over 2.5 goal.
Chelsea To Score Over 3 Goals
English grammar, it says OVER 3 goals, so 3 is not included, which means you will lose if Chelsea scores exactly 3 goals your back bet at bookie loses. Therefore, go to “Chelsea Total Goals” markets and lay 4 goals or more.
Chelsea To Win to Nil
- 1. Go Betfair and lay in the “Chelsea Win to Nil” market
- 2. Go “Match Odds and Both Teams to Score” Market (Betfair or Smarkets) and lay Chelsea/No.
Hazard To Score & Chelsea To Win
Betfair usually provides an “Anytime Wincast” market and you lay Hazard/Chelsea.
Customized Lay Market
Bookies are creative enough to produce various boosts which you can not usually find in the lay market. Matchbook offers a customized lay market via Oddsmonkey forum; This will obviously generate more opportunities to lock in profit instantly.
Today’s Price Boost Offers – Announcement Page Link Index
In fact, many matched bettors earn decent income even only from enhanced bets offers. Therefore, suggest you start capitalizing on many bookmakers’ price boost offers you may have overlooked.
The below is the list of Price Boost Offers including enhanced multiples by key bookmakers that regularly do Price Boost Offers;
- 10bet (> Promotion > Price Boosts)
- 888Sport (> 888 Specials)
- Betsafe (> Boosts)
- Betsafe (> Sport > Price Specials)
- BetVictor (> Enhanced Prices)
- Boylesports Boosts ( > Promotions)
- Bwin Enhanced Acca (> Sports Betting > Promotions)
- Coral (> Enhanced Specials)
- Dafabet (>Promotion > Price Boosts)
- Grosvenor ( > Enhanced Accas)
- LeoVegas (> Sports >Specials)
- Mr Green ( > Sports > Specials)
- Netbet ( >Boosts)
- Sporting Bet ( > Price Boosts)
- SportNation ( > Enhanced Odds)
- SportPesa ( > Promotions)
- Totesport ( > Promotions)
- William Hill ) > Promotions > Enhanced Odds)
Enhanced Odds Conclusion
Enhanced Accumulators Strategy
When it comes to Enhanced Multiple Bets such as Double or Triple Bets and ACCA (Accumulators), please take a look at 3 Methods Of Laying Enhanced Accumulators & Acca Bonus To Lock-In Profit, just FYI.
Our Betting Principle
Finally, allow us to talk a bit about our betting principle. We have provided you with an enhanced odds & odds boost guide to lock-in profits. This is because we would like our readers to earn guaranteed extra income as much as possible.
You may think betting is gambling of which definition is counting on luck. However, we never rely on chance but on mathematical edge to beat the bookies, casinos & bingo, with the method of Advantage Plays.
We use Matched Betting / Sports Arbitrage / Value Bets On Proven Systems & Tipsters to lock-in profit or consistently earn extra income for the long term. It is effectively our way to promote Responsible Gambling based on the regulation, and we strongly support GamCare being explained in about us.
Hope all our information will help you expand sure bet options. If you have any inquiries or need any help from us, please contact us anytime (don’t worry, we will not charge you any fee, everything is free here).
Joshua Walker (bio)